Come on in and browse a while. You’re under no obligation to buy and the staff don’t bite – unless specifically requested to.
Something to drink? No?
In that case, let me introduce myself. If you haven’t already guessed it, the name’s Chris. I’ve been a writer for nearly twenty years, mostly fantasy fiction with the odd toe dipped in the water of other genres.
Over those twenty years, I’ve written hundreds of thousands of short stories, some good and others not so good. Every time I’ve put pen to paper, finger to keyboard, or stylus to tablet, I’ve made a new discovery about the craft and evolution of writing. Because of all this, I know that there is still so much out there still to learn and the reason I still see myself as a writer in training.
Throughout my writing career, I would’ve loved for someone to share even half of the discoveries I’ve made, so that I could have avoided the pitfalls and set-backs of this much loved/much hated art form.
The purpose of this blog is two-fold:
- to allow me to interact with the blogosphere and further stretch my writing muscles, and
- to allow me the opportunity to pass on the tips and tricks I’ve discovered over the years
As I am a struggling (aren’t we all?) writer, I will also be using this to promote excepts from my work and up-and-coming events.
Other things you can expect to see on this blog:
- updates and excepts from my first novel;
- book reviews;
- writing tips and tricks;
- fountain pen, ink and notebook reviews;
- the discoveries I make on my quest to improve my grammar and punctuation skills; and
- maybe some new and interesting words I encounter along the way
I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not the most accomplished wordsmith. My grammar and punctuation have been known to run amok during writing sessions. I hope this doesn’t put you off too much at first (and feel free to offer any corrections or advice), after all, I’m still training.